My husband and I, like any other young professional couples, have very little knowledge about cooking. If not for basic filipino dishes, youtube, and “simpleng prito prito” I don’t think we would’ve survived 😆. But thanks to facebook and the rest of the world willing to share simple life hacks, we were introduced to this very simple but tasty recipe. Yet, as Filipinos that we are, and as a cheating prick that I am, I found a way to cook it in a way that will satisfy our tastebuds.
This is our take to that Tasty recipe.
- 1pc. Green Bell Pepper
- 1pc. Red Bell Pepper
- 1pc. Yellow Bell Pepper
- Acceptable amount of sliced white onions
- Penne pasta (or any available pasta in your pantry)
- Around 2 chicken breasts sliced in small portions
- 5cups of milk or more (We used fresh milk. Kailangan mag-ingat kasi baka matuyo masyado without cooking the pasta to Al dente.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half of a regular chicken cube
- Some curry powder (instead of cumin kasi ayokong bumili ng cumin powder just for this recipe)
- Generous amount of cheese (we used cheddar, mozarella, parmesan just because we have them in our kitchen)🧀🧀🧀.
- We tried to cook this like how it was instucted but we found the milk evaporating fast. Instead of cooking the pasta within 8-10mins as per manufacturers instructions, we were able to reach an edible pasta at around 15mins 😓. So when we prepared it again after 2 days (it was just that good), we cooked the pasta in 5cups of milk plus 2cups of water separately.
- Cook chicken in thin oil just until its cooked. What is great with this recipe is you can also use left overs like fried or grilled chicken left overs. It’s really according to your taste. (Pero syempre di pwede yung mga nasabawang chicken ulam) 😝.
- Sautè the rest of the ingredients as shown in the video.
- Pour the milk-pasta mixture to the pot of vegetables and mix it until you’re sure that pasta is already cooked.
- Add cheeses until sauce is creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!! 😃😃